From:
Sheri SoVery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 10:42:27 -0800

I want this bashing of my character to stop.  I did not say that everyone
purchased their ferrets from pet stores.  I said that a lot or perhaps
most people have.  In the area where I purchased my Slinky that is about
the only way to get one, because there simply are not private breeders
around there.  As I have stated many times, I speak from my own
experiences, not for anyone else.  The only point I was trying to make is
that it's unfair for anyone to put all pet stores in a bad light, because
there are some very good ones out there.  I guess you missed that point,
but that is ok.  We all make mistakes.  Please let's move past this.
Everyone needs to practice the love and tolerance they preached to me
before.  I think my post was very kind and I have apologized for not
wording things better.  I also took the time to explain a little of where
some of my feelings came from for those who misunderstood me.  Now it's
time to move beyond it as the subject matter is getting rather tiresome.
Some have quoted things which I never even stated and that is really
getting old.  Please don't mention me on the FML anymore.

Enough is enough.  Take care.

Blossom

P.S.  I agree that taking in rescues is a great thing to do.  I would
gladly take in rescues if I could find any in my area, but they are hard
to find.  In the state where I got my Slinky from there aren't any ferret
shelters around, so the only way a ferret person can adopt a ferret is to
get them from a pet store unless they find one through the newspaper or
some other means.  That was the main point.  Believe me, if there was a
shelter I would be at it right now adopting a couple of ferrets.  I have
gotten many animals from shelters in the past and have also taken in some
wild animals which needed care for various reasons, so I know where
you're coming from.  But my point is that not every state has a ferret
shelter.  Many only take in dogs and cats, so that leaves people with few
options if they want a ferret.  The main point I was trying to make in my
post last week was that there are some decent pet shops around, because
I've seen a lot of them being bashed on this forum.  But as for having a
preferance for pet shops over shelters, believe me I don't. :)

I hope you better understand my message now.  Take care.