From:
Ticee Graham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 May 1999 18:54:48 -0700
--Hi everyone--
This post is in reply to Jennifer about litter boxes.

Jennifer-
We had the litter box problem with our "woozle" for a long time too..  But
now, a year later, we finally (well almost finally) have it all worked out.
We bought a covered kitty litter box and put it in a corner that HE chose.
Since the box is covered he KNOWS when he is in or out and the corner we
put it in was one he wanted to go in.  And I also have to clean it out
every two or three days or he'll go outside of it because "it's just too
dirty in there for a clean ferret like me!" We also have to keep the door
to our bathrooms CLOSED...he loves to go in bathrooms...he figures since WE
do why can't he??  I could put a litter box in the bathroom but I would
like to keep it down to one box in the house.  The keys to litter training
(in my UN-expert opinion) are to put the box or boxes in places they have
already chosen (preferably in a fairly blocked off corner so they can't go
next to them), keep them fairly clean, and keep the "bad" corners well
cleaned and maybe use some of teh Stop Poop stuff or something?  Hoping
with all my might this helps...we are expecting a baby too (July 30) so I
know the anxiety... I have heard only bad stuff about ferrets and babies
("Oh they're just like rats!!  They'll bite the baby...blah, blah,
blah..it's enought to make me scream).

--
Visit http://www.ivillage.com for your FREE iVillage.com email account.
iVillage.com: The #1 Women's Network -- Real Solutions for Real Women.