From:
John Luck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 22:06:39 +1100
Hi

Erin, George and Rusty asked if there are other Australian fert owners on
the FML.  Yes, there sure are.  I've been here for years, on and off.

You're in for the time of your life.  On one hand there will be
destruction, theft, pain, and panic.  On the other, there will be games,
fun, games, love, games, cuddles, games, and.....did I mention....GAMES.

Out current fuzzbut is a 3 month old black eyed white called Bear.  He
is a rather large baby at 1kg+ (that's 2.2+ pounds) and growing fast.
One of his main problems at the moment is that he is as large as a lot
of adult ferrets with the maturity of a 3 month old.  He climbs like a
spider, runs like the wind, leaps like a tiger...and falls like a brick.

Bear is an 'only child' at present.  We have had other ferts before and
over the last couple of years we have had to help two over the rainbow
bridge.  I don't know if I could go through that twice again.  But you
never know.  With ferret maths being like it is, anything could happen.

The only time that Bear has bitten at all hard is the time when I was
playing with him on the floor and he managed to get hold of my fight
eyebrow.  He didn't break the skin, but he didn't let go either.  I just
had to wait, on my hands and knees, until he decided that it wasn't fun
anymore and let me go.

With yours, the hand biting will stop soon.  I'd forget the Vicks.  We
live in Byron Bay, so we usually go around barefoot.  Toe biting has
always been the bigger problem around here.  But that goes away after a
while.  You would have only had yours for a little over a week by now.
They're smart and will soon figure out what is not acceptable.

Better finish now.  My wife is shouting, "John, would you come and play
with Bear.  He's driving me nuts."

You or anyone else can contact me directly by e-mailing

Regards to All

John and Bear