Date:
Sat, 16 Jan 2010 06:05:29 -0500
And for those who know me, you KNOW that I'm rarely speechless. But
the overwhelming kindness, trust and  well, ferret people are just
special. The few Richmond ferrets who hadn't received gifts from
missing-in-action Santas, well, Kris received THREE packages today.
Kris has been with RFRL now for almost 6 years- she lives over 2 hours
from me- she picks up ferrets near Waynesboro, C-ville, Orange Cty-
kinda the North West part of rural VA.- and when she was opening these
packages for the shelter kids, she was just amazed. All of our shelter
kids had and are still having, a Wonderful-Christmas-Time We have
enough treats, hammies (they are all hand-made and gorgeous), toys,
blankets, food...to last for a few months. Everyone who chose our
ferrets took the time to pack large boxes with beautiful, perfect gifts
for our ferrets, or they sent awesome Gift Certificates or donations
that were so badly needed.

And all together, we do have over 100 in our system. I have 33 (34
after Sunday), Kris has 19 (?), Karen has 24 (she took in a
Spray-painted 3-4 year-old boy today- rescued from the back of a
pick-up truck - his owner's kid's had spray-painted him with Orange &
green paint), Paige has 23, Mike has 7, Leslie has 8(?)... Freda has
8 & Mark has 3. And we all share.

So... yes, we are so darn blessed to be ferret people. Thank you. And
we do try to send out our note cards of thanks as soon as possible- I
know some of us are trying to take photos of the ferrets with their
gifts to send- So, thank you for keeping our ferrets very happy (as
well as us shelter parents- we have as much fun unwrapping the gifts as
the ferrets do- but the ferrets like the crinkly paper so much!!)

Thank you Kris & Melodie for the Giving Tree.

Hugs,
Marlene Blackburn
Director
RFRL
www.richmondferretrescueleague.org

(by the way, my ferrets are now farting in harmony with the yoggie
treats, fruit crunch and ferretone. It should be renamed
"Ferret-tunes". Who would imagine how loud a tiny ferret can fart?)