From:
Pat Ball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 1995 07:01:37 -0400
Kelleen-

Two of my ferrets will not use the litter box here at home.  They were
trained to the box when they were four weeks old and always used it when
they were in their birthing cage.  When they were put in a different cage,
they quit using the litter box for it's initial purpose.  Instead, they
have opted to sleep in the litter box and go potty in other parts of their
cage.  Surprisingly enough, when we go to the shows, the only place they
will go potty is in the litter box.  I believe they are suffering from
displacement depression and may have to undergo therapy. (ha!ha!)  Any way,
my point is Racey and Lightstar's previous owner may not have been lying
to you about their litterbox usage.  When people see my guys at the show,
they would never believe that they wouldn't use the box at home.