From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 10:06:36 -0700
Hello everyone!

This is a response for Rebecca and her ant infestation problem.  We've also
had ant problems lately since it's been so humid the last week or so in S.
CA.  Well, I think I may have inadvertently stumbled across a safe solution,
although it may be temporary.

We have hardwood floors, and as I was cleaning them in the ferret room last
Sat., I noticed that darn stream of ants coming from who knows where!  I
happened to be cleaning those problem corner spots (Hmmmm, how did THAT
happen :-) with 'Murphy's Oil Wax', so I just impulsively squirted those
darn ants right there on the spot.  Well, the Murphy's appears to have
killed them dead on contact.  :-)

My hubby heard that they use Murphy's to wash down elephants, and we've been
using it for years on our hardwood floors with great success.  It's just
some type of soapy oil mix, so we feel more comfortable using it around our
ferts.  Of course we never let our fluffs come in direct contact with it,
just in case, and it seems to clean nicely without leaving a residue or an
overpowering odor like Pinesol sometimes does.  And, hey, if it kills ants -
bonus!

So, what do some of you think?  Maybe use Murphy's around the ferret stuff,
and the more potent insecticides outside at the source?  Well, that's just
my latest musings!

Anita