From:
Mark Hei <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 10:27:16 -0500
Everyone has such great stories to tell about their ferret companions and
their lives,,, so I thought I'd jump in...

I work with computers in Fairmont, WV., and own one young sable ferret, born
the first week of July.  I was living in a condo in Maryland before, and
didn't have pets...and was terribly pet-sick.  My friends in Maine have
ferrets, and I enjoyed visiting with them while they enjoyed the insides of
my shoes.

Last summer I read the web FAQ on Ferrets, bought some books, and started to
think and prepare for a possible new pet.  I told my mom about my plot, and
she had less than nice things to say about them, but I figured that ferrets
were like other pets, and with the appropriate handling, they turn out to be
great...

So I met my ferret Shelby in a pet store.  She climbed up my arm and started
playing with my "mountaineer-style" beard, so I got a cage, some bedding,
and other stuff, and went home with her...armed with the theory that the
books told me.

I bought bitter apple that day...and never ever used it...I fixed her
nipping problem by saying ouch!!!  and sometimes wiping a drop of diet coke
on my feet where she attacked... She is now 5 months old, and I take her
everywhere.  She loves to meet people, and stick her head out of the car
window (I hold her) while driving.

My mom loves her.   And that's that.

mark.