From:
scruffyou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 23:36:25 -0500
Clear DayHey Hey Hey,

Due to a recent posting from the fml about a kit testing positive for
adv I began digging to find out as much as possible.  The more I dug, the
more I thought our shelter may be in trouble.

The kit was located near us geographicly.  The kit shared the same breeder
as the majority of our rescues and shelter kids.  The state the kit is
from share 3 of the 4 distributors for our state.

Our shelter had recently taken in a 9 week old kit and a retired breeder
from the farm in question and a good probability the same distributor was
used.  All indications were that we could be in big trouble.

Tonite, we gave quick tests to the 9 week old kit and the retired breeder
as well as two others in the shelter.  We are adv negative so far.  There
was much whoopin and hollerin goin on!  WOOOOHOOO!!

We are in the process of raising the funds to get the rest of the
tests done.  We fully realize we are not done yet.  We are in need of
approximately 15 more tests and then we can be as sure as possible that
our shelter is 100% adv negative.

We were lucky.  This could have had a very different outcome.  This was
too close to home and we finaly got the message!  From now on, before a
ferret comes thru the shelter doors, it will get an adv quick check.

So......... to the posters who warned us of the danger, thank you for the
heads up.  Our shelter and our ferrets are in your debt.

HappyTails,
Karen and the Scruff You Gang
Secretary Dook-N-Dance Ferret Shelter
www.dook-n-dance.org