From:
Rebecca McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Nov 1998 14:10:25 -0500
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  Socks is wonderfully "stuffed"
with raisins, as are the other three.

I'd like to say to Vicki that my heart goes out to you.  A number of years
ago here in town our Co-op has horse feed that turned out to be quite toxic
to horses.  One died, several wound up causing their humans thousands of
dollars.  I was, unfortunately, one who purchased a bag of this feed.  My
show horse dropped weight like a rock, and my Buckskin mare also went down.
Fortunately I caught this before it got out of hand, and returned the feed.
They weren't thrilled, as the store was full of customers (and I, being me,
was not about to take any guff).  They suggested it wasn't their feed, I
suggested they pay my vet bills!  I got a refund.  Guess what I'm trying
to say is, one never knows where something harmful will come from, and
sometimes we don't see it till its too late.

I hope Podo is found, alive and well, in some kind person's house.

Now, for a funny.  (Larry would have me if he knew this was going out).  My
hubby, Larry, decided the other day to let the fuzzies into the bathroom
with him as he prepared for a shower.  Well, the "Flying Wombat" (Genie),
smelled his glass of rootbeer on the sink, and sailed over to it.  This of
course, caused a spill which Larry had to dash for.  He set the glass and
what was left of his drink upright, and about that time Kit and Scully
decided to wardance through the shower curtain.  Larry thought Scully was
hanging herself, whipped around to save her.  He never saw Genie until she
had the glass of rootbeer upended again!  All this took place as we were
preparing to go to our daughter's High School Gala last Friday.  Sara got
me from work, we walked through the door, and the kid enquired of her
father, "Are you still in there?"  Both of us thought our shoulders would
be lonesome for our heads.  Of course, after he started telling me, I was
almost out of the chair and onto the floor!

I think I've mentioned we were keeping our niece's kitten off and on.
Well, Chubbs has now become a permanent resident, and we have a kitten who
believes himself to be a ferret!  We keep a blanket on the end of the bed,
and the "Commandos in residence" climb up it.  Chubbs, instead of doing the
"graceful cat leap", follows them up!

Dooks & hugs to all.

Rebecca, Larry & Sara
Socks (Hey, it wasn't Coke, so I didn't bother it.  Now Can I Puhleez have
       more raisins?)
Kit(Scully, yell again and let's see what happens)
Scully (That's no fair, she spilled the drink and we didn't get any)
Genie (I wonder when he'll put more up there?)
Chubbs (Hey, I'm just a stripped ferret, you know.)
Chewie, Dribble, and Sarabi (This house used to be just ours!)

Rebecca McFarlane
Secretary
Basic Medical Sciences
School Veterinary Medicine