From:
Sandi Ackerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 00:11:13 -0700
Penny LePage <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>once it got here it didn't take much to see that it wasn't a ferret but a
>weasel.

I too have been presented with weasels from people thinking they were
ferrets (even a possum once :-).  My vet has recommended against keeping
them in the same building as my domestic ferrets because of the unknown
types of diseases (viruses?) they may carry.  I've yet to find a wild life
rehaber in this area who knows how to care for weasels.  Does anyone know
if there is or is not any danger to our ferrets from parasites, viruses,
bacteria that weasels may carry?  (I'm not suggesting direct contact.)

Sandi
Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House
Seattle, WA