Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 09:13:05 EDT
Sukie Wrote:
>How about adhesions in ferrets?

Hi Sukie

I've run into adhesions twice in ferrets - but in both cases, the adhesions
were due to a prior surgery.  Our vet removed the offending tissue and
the problem did not recur.  He didn't seem to think that it was all that
uncommon.  In both cases, they were causing intestinal distress -- runny
stools, nausea and a lack of appetite.  Pele is now recovering fine, even
if the prognosis for her is grave: her intestinal cancer came back with a
vengeance.  It was in her stomach, upper intestines, pyloris and abdominal
wall.  The vet says 90 days...but she is bright, alert and active right
now, so I feel that the surgery was the right thing to do.

I hope that Warp will recover quickly.  Sorry to hear that she has so much
going wrong....

Lisa Leidig, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"
http: www.ferrethaven.org
Want to help The Ferret Haven By-the-Sea? Register at iGive.com
by cutting and pasting this link:
http://www.iGive.com/html/ssi.cfm?CID=1236&MID=854