Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2007 02:02:49 EDT
I just got home from Lori's where I picked up 19 beautiful fuzzies.
Marlene and I wish we could have taken more but, we are full to the
brim with ferrets. We just had to make room though. This is a time when
we should all be working together. Lori is a wonderful person who has
taken on so much. She really does need all the help she can get. I
don't know how she's doing what she doing but, she is taking care of
all of these ferrets the best anyone could ever ask for. I saw some
posts that I thought I might be able to respond to. Maybe it will help
some of you out a little.

Sandi wrote:

>Ok, I'm having problems understanding some of this contract. Not
>really the understanding part as much as some of the demands of it.
>
>Why would a donation from a shelter willing to take in these kids
>have to give money to Lori when they will be spending so much to get
>the ferrets spay/neutured ,vaced & ADV tested?
>
>These are going to be hard to place ferts as they have not been
>socialized.
>
>Would it not be better to give the ferts to a shelter that is willing
>to help with this mass number, get the medical issues taken care of &
>be putting themselves in debt to do so? Than to do both a donation &
>then seek medical help for these kids out of the shelters funds??
>
>I'm not bashing Lori, thats not what I'm doing. She has done something
>no one else has been able to do. But I can't see many shelters agreeing
>with this contract.

Sandi, I don't believe the contact is requiring a donation. The space
is simply there so, if a Shelter wants to donate, or can afford to,
then the space is filled in accordingly. I drove 8 hours on Thursday to
get to a hotel about 40 minutes from Lori's house so I could get there
early this morning. I met her, picked up 19 ferrets and drove 8 hours
home (so I wouldn't have to stop with the fuzzies in the car or take
them into a hotel). I could not afford to give her a donation because
of all the things you mentioned, plus, the cost of gas and hotel. She
did not ask for, nor did I ever get the feeling that she expected, a
donation. That part of the contract was simply left blank. I don't
mean for this to sound rude. Please, forgive me if it does. I am just
exhausted and wanted to pass on information.

Staci wanted to know where to get the contracts, who was in charge of
setting up transport, that kind of thing. Here is what I have:

Julie Dkye is handling the transporting of the ferrets across the U.S.
Contact her at [log in to unmask]

Lori's info. is:
Lori Sies
Ferret's Dream House Shelter
845 Tulip Rd.
Lynx OH   45650
(937) 544-3313
A Non-Profit 501(c)(3) organization.

Her paypal address for donations is:
All donations are tax deductible. All thank yous and tax information
will be sent to you before the end of the year.

She has two zip files that contain the contracts. I have attached them
to this e-mail. I am hoping BIG (hint, hint) can figure out how to tell
you to access them because I have no clue other than to attach them
individually to each and every e-mail. (Hope you can help with this
BIG ... thanks :-) ).

Well, I hope this answered some of everyone's questions. I must say
that Lori is an exceptional person to take on this responsibility and,
if at all possible, please, everyone help her.

Thank you,
Paige Collier
Director, Adoptions & Rehabilitation
Richmond Ferret Rescue League
Richmond, Virginia

[Moderator's note: I don't allow attachments on the FML -- in fact, the
server throws them away and I never even see them. But someone sent me
the contracts you spoke of, so I saved them. Here are links to them: