From:
Marie Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 11:35:34 -0800
Below is a commonly made mistake about the laws in CA.  It is NOT legal
to own, possess, transport, or have ferrets under ANY circumstances in
California without a special permit that is issued to educational
facilities only at this time.

THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pet stores may sell anything they want to in the state for ferrets but
not ferrets.

CDF&G will not even allow a plane transporting ferrets to another state
to stop over in a CA airport.

Please stop this false information every time you see or hear it.  It
causes people to believe they have a legal animal when in reality they
are breaking the law and RISKING their ferret(s).

Marie Davis
Communications Director for the California Domestic Ferret Association.
EMSO - Purchasing Administrative Assistant