From:
Joshua A Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 1997 09:47:42 -0500
We have three ferrets, one a two year old female black sable weighing in at
1 lb. 4 oz., an 11 week old male Panda weighing in at just under 2 lbs., and
a 15 week old male siamese weighing in at 2.5 lbs.  The female, being so
slender, does not play very much with the other ferrets, and when she does
play, it is not very hard.

The two males however, go at it about 4 times a day at about 20 minutes per
fight/mock combat.  It gets pretty intense with each ferret getting their
share of nips at the base of the tail, the back of the neck, and sometimes
the ear/side of mouth.  I was wondering if this is normal and is their so
called mock combat or if this is something of concern.  All three sleep
together and the two males do play (w/o fighting) sometimes.

Josh Johnson
Poor Student
Always a Gator
Univeristy of Florida Gators:  1996 National Football Champions!!