From:
Tryntje Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 13:55:07 -0400
Hello all.

Our vet did an autopsy on Buddy and he was full of tiny little tumors,
around his pancreas, in his chest, everywhere.  His left adrenal was a bit
enlarged too.  I told her that we didn't bring Buddy in for diagnosis or
treatment because he looses fur by the fist full even when we clip his
nails and clean his ears he gets so stressed out.  Besides that, he failed
almost overnight, was 8 years old and was not surgery material.  Why put
him through all the stress.  The vet said that by looking at his insides,
she couldn't have done anything anyway.  She couldn't have begun to remove
all of the tumors that he had.  They were everywhere, and small enough that
she wouldn't likely have been able to detect them by feeling.  We never ask
for an autopsy to be done but we do give permission for the vet to do one
if they want to so that they can hopefully learn from it.  They usually do
and are kind enough to call us with the results.

We have an appointment for this Friday morning to have some of our gang
vaccinated.  However, for Josie it will likely be her last day on this
earth.  My husband has finally accepted the fact that she doesn't have a
life left here and she is only going to get worse and perhaps suffer a
great deal.  He keeps saying poor Josie and I am thinking it is not poor
Josie, it is poor us.  Josie will be better off.  She will be able to play
again and be happy.  We will be the ones that morn her loss.  Guess who is
going to get a lot of extra loving this week.

For those of you who are interested, I am changing my e-mail address to the
other one I have.  My server will remain the same for a short time until I
get another job of I get cut off from the present one (long story).  If you
have my present e-mail address, change it to [log in to unmask]  No
matter how you see it in the header, use this new address.  It is a long
story.  I'll try to keep you posted as changes are made.

Take care all.
Tryntje Miller.