From:
Kymberlie Barone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 04:11:05 -0500
Lise and all -

I had a similar - though perhaps more disturbing - experience when I first
moved here to Gilbertsville.  I was looking for a good ferret vet and
thought I'd call around to see who treated a lot of ferrets.  First call
I made:

me: Hi, I'm wondering, do you treat ferrets?
receptionist: (repeats clearly:) Ferrets?  Hang on, let me check.  (puts me
on hold.  Comes back:) I'm sorry, m'am, we do not treat ferrets.  We don't
treat any kind of birds at all...

Ooookkkaayyyy..... now, if she hadn't repeated the word "ferrets" TWICE,
clearly, I might think she thought I said "parrots" but..... needless to
say, I do not go to that vet.  <sigh> the ignorance...

Kymberlie Barone
Director, Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association of Montgomery County
http://www.ferretrescue.com
http://www.ferretclub.com