From:
[log in to unmask] (Steven Woodcock)
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 1994 20:12:12 -0600 (MDT)
Greetings All!

   We began using baby gates a couple of years ago when we inherited two
'loner' ferrets that absolutely *had* to be kept from The Gang of Five and
each other.  What we've done is strip out the nylon mesh and replace it
with nice piece of wood panelling or siding.  It slides right down into
the grove, looks fairly nice, and is definitely durable.  We've found that
that baby gates with adjuster fittings on each side work better than the
ones with locking bars, since a.) the gate can then be put into a doorway
either facing in or out (ferrets will climb locking bars if that side is
the side they're on) and b.) the locking bar types sometimes put too much
stress on the glue/joints and come apart.

Steven and Colleen
Continually Matching Wits with
            Missy (the Matriarch)
            Newone (the Feral Queen)
            Zebulon Pike (the Big Silver Teddy Bear)
            Minx (the Smartest Animal in the Known World)
            Slinky (the One Who Chases Large Dogs)
            Puck (the White Weasel)
            Ripple (the Love Bug)