From:
Sophie Warnie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 08:57:32 +0100
Hi,

I thought that I would jot down my experiences with my allergies.

I've been allergic to furry animals since I was 8.  Cats, dogs, horses,
hamsters... you name it!

Before I went out and got my first ferret (4 years ago), I went to see
the breeder in question.  Just to make sure that I could actually have a
ferret at home with me.  Since me spending roughly 24 hours with her and
her ferrets, I went along and got my first little guy.  Of course, they
multiplied :)

After roughly a year or so, living with three ferrets, I started to get a
bit sneezy.  That escalated.  Quickly.

Now, I'm not only allergic to the ferrets, I'm heavily asthmatic.  Living
with the ferrets is a real pain, since meds wear off during the day.
I can't bear myself to give them up or put them down, we're together
through thick and thin.  Not only do I get rashes on my arms when I'm
not wearing long sleeved shirts when I pick them up, my lips swell if
I burrow my face in their fur/get kisses from them.  Then there's the
asthma, of course.  That's another story, though :)

Hugs,
Sophie, Spock, Lilith and Lan