From:
Jacquie Rodgers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 01:00:13 -0700
I know there has been a lot of discussion pro and con about Marshall
Farms over the years in the ferret community.  My Gilbert, a Marshall
Farms ferret, was a 'silent carrier' of ECE, so there were no symptoms
until he was introduced to Kylie and she got ECE, then he got a mild
case.  Vet bills were outrageous!  However, I had wonderful results
working with Rosemary at MF after contacting them thru the MF website:
http://www.marshallpet.com/resources/cust_service/contact.asp ;
there is a 'contact us' form on this page and also a 1-800 phone number.
I initially used the 'contact us' form late one night and my phone was
ringing the next morning at 8 a.m.  - Rosemary, wanting all the details
about what store Gilbert had come from, if there were other ferrets in
the cage with him, etc.  She was very concerned and very well-informed
about ECE and took immediate action, having the two ferrets in the
enclosure at Petco taken to the local ferret vet (yes, they took them
to an actual 'ferret vet'!) for quarantine and medical care, and stopped
all new kits from being shipped to the Petco in question until a vet
inspected the ferret enclosure and said it had been disinfected, all new
hammies, toys, food dishes, etc.  Only then did Marshall Farms ship more
ferrets to that store.  They paid about $1,000 in vet bills for me (for
Gilbert AND Kylie) without blinking an eye.

Rosemary showed the same feeling and concern that I would have expected
an owner to when they have a sick ferret.  She was very specific in
telling me to "get whatever care the vet says they need and we will take
care of it" (which I would have done anyway, but was shocked to hear her
say that).  I have to say that my own personal experience with them was
so positive that I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a Marshall Farms ferret
again.

jacquie rodgers