From:
Carol Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 2004 14:49:20 -0700
The very best floor mats were given to me by a large shelter, but you can
get them on eBay or at a home health store.  And they are... waterproof
underpads, made for sickbeds.  The backside is of vinyl, and the top is
quilted cotton, like mattress pads used to be made.  They can take all
kinds of abuse by washing and bleaching.  One description said they can
be washed at least 200 times.  I just fold the excess material under if
it is too large, and depending on your cage type, you can use small 2"
clamps to hold them in place if needed.  If poop gets on them just scrape
it off and rinse the spot first if needed before washing.

I have a new front loading washer and it does a great job on the ferret
laundry.  After a load I pull back the gasket and remove the hairs that
have collected at the drain in front.  The lint and hairs from the dryer
I sometimes hang outside for birds to use to line their nests.

Carol O.,
Tucson