Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 1998 16:20:01 EST
Well, this list sometimes leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  Dont get me
wrong, I wouldnt leave it for the world.  It's far more enlightening than
frustrating.  But some of you need to quit acting like scolded 3 year olds
and just let opinions be opinions.  Some of us "less knowlegeable folks" who
joined this list for information and friendship get blasted when we post a
question, concern, or opinion.  I have always been taught to take things
with a grain of salt, that people have good intentions, they may just
express them without explaining the whole story.  I think this is what we
call, not telling the obvious.  Like that woman (I am sorry if this upsets
anyone involved) that had the good intention of saying, hey, shelters are
crowded, lets lay off the breeding a while.  Now, it goes without saying
that she didnt say, ALL YOU GREAT BREEDERS OUT THERE NEUTER YOUR ANIMALS.
No, I am sure her intention was, hey, lets put a little pressure on those
ferret breeders pumping out babies like a salad shooter for quick cash.
Now, if her intention was other than that, i am sorely mistaken.  But I am
sure this was somewhat her idea.  What most of us intelligent "less
knowlegeable folks" obviously understood.  All this bickering and flaming is
doing nothing but giving those that must love drama in their life just that,
a bunch of ill intended drama.  If someone posts about an opinion, LET IT
BE!  If you have something to say about an opinion, privately e-mail that
person for goodness sake.  Dont make your high and mighty presence known for
being a bearer of sarcastic criticism on here, which many of you unknowingly
possess that reputation.

Lets get back to the real reason we all joined this list.  THE FERRETS.  I
just bet if our babies knew about all this sarcastic mumbo jumbo they'd say,
wait a minute, aren't you supposed to be helping us instead of making new
enemies and WASTING your time sending hate mail?  I bet they'd also say , If
you'd spend that time you just spent flaming another ferret lover on
something more worthwhile, like writiing a letter to the Ca Gov't or your
area official, or sending a shelter or respectable breeder a thank you note
for helping ferrets, things would get accomplished faster.  Some of you on
here are so self- righteous and rude that it insults the very list we all
join for help.  Instead of the breeders or activists on this list (stop
right there because I am not singling out a soul) making certain people feel
stupid or incompetant for expressing their veiws, they should take their
knowlegde and channel it in more positive, less condescending ways.  It only
hurts your reputation, not ours.  There is no dumb question and no opinion
thats not worth hearing.  So get off your altars and stop with the, I am the
patron saint of ferret information platforms, and help the little people.
Dont treat us like peons.  Remember, we are the ones that support you.  I am
not waging a war against breeders, because so many of you are so wonderful.
I guess that was just my easiest example to use, so please, dont think I am
against breeders.  Breeders care about ferrets and are great sources of
info.  I am simply saying, those of you who speak down to us that are lower
on the rung of the ferret ladder, STOP.  We are all learning together, and
this list has become a place to wage personal wars against each other, and
the buddy gang ups are getting old too.  Maggie, I am using you as yet
another example, please forgive me.  You sweetheart, you cant say a thing on
here without someone burning your heiny can you =) I am sure you have
already seen a flame or 2 about the ferrets stealing that chocolate eclair.
All I am saying is, thats her life, and as long as she is properly caring
for her ferrets, I think you all have no right to make her your personal
target for attack because you have nothing better to do with your time.
That said, maggie, i think you are just fine for speaking your mind with
your own sense of humor on here.

Now, all of those who are on their high horses, please unsaddle and float
back down to earth with us peaceful ferret people?  We need you too!!!

Lets all resolve to stop the insanity and let each of us be..  opinionated
or not, please channel your negative energy into positive, and start helping
ferrets and stop hurting each other.

I just want to say, if you have ANYTHING to say to me, either good or bad,
keep in private.  My e-mail address is at the top, use it.

 Misty