From:
Ferret Rescue of Tidewater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 May 1996 17:51:44 -0400
It is with great sadness that I inform everyone that our ambassador ferret,
Charger, passed over the Rainbow bridge on Monday, May 6 at 5:27 p.m.  He
was a 6 yo MF silver mitt male, and he represented the rescue very well on
TV, at shows, and everywhere he went.  He was a very special boy and we will
miss him.  Charger stood for all that is right with ferrets - he was kind
and good and never bit.  He helped all the new rescues to cope with the
change in their home and be introduced to their new families.  He never met
a ferret that he couldn't get along with, and the children loved him.  He
can not be replaced and left behind a difficult task; appointing a new
ambassador.  There were not many like him.  He died of an unknown ailment,
but we are hoping that the necropsy will tell us something.  He joins the
ring of ferrets at Rainbow bridge, gathering and waiting for us: Nicodemus,
Shadow, Wolf, Sable, Skyler, Squeakers, Mambo, Ginger, Amber.  We love you
and will miss you, Charger!