From:
Shannon Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:51:35 -0500
Hello ferretfans!

Well, I just picked up Lily and Flower from the vet.  Lily, who is almost
7, went in for adrenal surgery and Flower, who is on ly 6 months went in
for spay and descenting.  Lily had the adrenal cancer on the vena cava
artery and I did not want to chance a rupture, so, since she is healthy,
except for hair loss, we decided not to try to remove it.  She wouldn't eat
much overnight at the vet's, but when I got her home she didn't want much
either - only gobs of nutrical.  SO, I kept her isolated for a couple of
days because of stitches, etc.  She finally began to get restless and
wanted OUT OF THAT CAGE!  So, I put her in with the rest of her family, and
boy, did she IMPROVE fast!  She smelled each and every butt and ear to make
sure everyone was there, and then hit the food bowl.  I saw her 3 times
that day eating!  YIPEEE!

Then, Flower, who is a new shelter baby and not introduced to the rest of
the group yet, is finally getting her dance of joy back.  She wants to play
and is eating like crazy, and now, is a more "fragrant" Flower! :) SO,
good news here.

I had a little boy who had the same problem with the adrenal cancer on the
wrong side. He lived about 2 years after the diagnosis, bald, but happy.

HAPPY FERRETING,
Shannon