From:
Dale Nupp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Aug 1999 02:54:14 -0400
Good Morning:
I am a week behind in reading my FML's so I was not aware of the incident
being discussed on the FML about our show.  I have not yet read the thread
but I did learn about it at our monthly Club meeting on Saturday.

I will not get into the discussion about the pros and cons of training your
ferret for that is better discussed on the FML.  I do have a problem with
the method of the person or persons who have chosen to complain publicly
about an incident that they deem inappropriate at our show.

The day after the show I sent a post specifically requesting comments, both
good and bad concerning our show.  I indicated that we planned to discuss
those comments at our meeting Saturday morning.  I did receive quite a
number of posts that were very helpful in trying to make the next show
better.  No one sent me a message about the "incident".  All we later got
was a copy of a reply that was made in our defense.  If any person had a
problem with our show, they should have contacted me as requested or
Shirley Hertzog at [log in to unmask]  Complaining about our show in public
with no attempt at private resolution is not the best way to resolve
conflict.  I will now get down off of my soapbox and give some final
thoughts.

The incident in question and several others that were brought to our
attention are in the process of being resolved.  As the show organizers,
our ferret club fully accepts responsibility for the success or failure of
this or any future show.  We will deal directly with people involved.  We
want our shows to be the best on the east coast and we will do everything
to prevent any inappropriate incidents.  Had we known about problems during
the show, we would have fixed them immediately or made sure that they would
never happen in future shows.

Quite a number of people did provide me with suggestions for future shows.
We hope that the heat wave and east coast drought will be over by the time
of the next show.  The show hall was certainly way too hot.  We have
already discussed ways of improving that situation even though it will
mean less money going to the rescue.

Many other suggestions were made.  We have discussed all of them and will
be incorporating many of them in our next show.  We are grateful for people
on the FML taking the time to help us improve.

For those who have volunteered to serve again as judges or to serve as
judges for the first time, we appreciate your offer and will probably take
you up on it.  That is not my department but you will certainly be
contacted.

Finally, our next show will be held on Saturday, February 5, 2000, same
time, same place.  Please mark your calendars now.  I will post when
packets are ready to go out.  Are there any major east coast
conflicts????????

Dale