Date:
Sat, 23 Apr 2005 07:46:51 -0600
We got Sid from another couple when they put a hamster in with him and he
killed it.  Apparently, they didn't know anything about ferrets.  I guess
it traumatized their daughter (not to mention the hamster, for Pete's
sake) and they needed to get rid of him.  Anyways, when we first got him,
and even now sometimes, when he wanted out of his cage he would lay on
his back and paw the air, looking up at whoever would be watching.  It
was like he was saying, "I'm so cute, you gotta let me outta here!"  He
is such a cutie.  And they were such idiots (I'm using "were" for hope's
sake).

I also have two ferrets who know to put their front arms (legs?) around
my wrist and grab on so I can pick them up that way.  They both happen to
be girls, for some reason - Bubbles and Navi.  Bubbles likes the front of
your hand towards her and Navi likes the back of your hand.  All the rest
of 'em look at me like, "What in the heck are you doing?"

I'm sure my ferrets have more quirks, but it's damn 7am and I gotta wake
up and get to work.  Of course, the ferrets are up... they just don't
have to punch in.

Roary
Albuquerque, NM