From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 06:31:12 -0700
I am really distraught by the replies I read about Vickie's post seeking
help for Mochie.  I know what it is like to be frantic with worry about a
sick ferret and to be running to check your email every few hours to see
if someone has any information to help.  Sadly, I lost my ferret because
there were no answers to be found, either from the many vets consulted,
tests run or from the experience of others.  The helplessness was the
worst thing I have ever experienced.  I think those of you who felt the
need to point out that there was no information to be offered really took
things a little too far.  I thought the purpose of this list was to be
helpful not hurtful and to focus on such petty things as typing in lower
case letters rather than the welfare of the ferrets.  Shame on all of
you!

I have reached the limits of my tolerance and I have decided that the
unpleasantness of the entries the appear on a regular basis have far
surpassed the usefulness of this list now.  There are other lists with
members who offer advice in a serious, helpful manner.  They don't judge,
criticize or flame an individual for seeking help on behalf of their
ferret.  I offer thanks to the individuals who consistently share their
knowledge, experiences and expertise in a constructive way and I wish
you all well.

To the Moderator - please remove my name from this list.  (And please
withhold my email address as I don't trust members of the list not to
flame me for expressing my sadness in their behavior)

Joan