From:
Ann Haager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:13:01 -0500
I sent this yesterday, but I am having problems with my other email
address.  So I'm resending this because it hasn't shown up yet, so if
this ends up posting twice, please just overlook the other one.

I really really hate this!  Dewey passed away while in surgery this
afternoon.  We never knew anything was even wrong!  He started acting
funny this morning like Skittles acted right before she passed away.  But
we managed to get Dewey to the vet right away and they took an xray and
said it looked like a blockage or tumor.  It ended up being lymphoma and
a tumor had errupted in his abdomen.  (side note: Skittles passed away
from an errupted tumor in her intestines, so they had VERY similar if not
highly identical cases.) He was my little cuddle bug, my lil bear, my
snuggler...and I miss him dearly.  It's good for them when it's quick, no
pain.  But it's hard on us as parents because we feel like there should
have been something we should have noticed and could have done to prevent
their death...but we knew he was in God's hands...we believe that our
babies' health is always in God's hands, and we trust God to do what is
best because sometimes keeping them alive is not what is best.  So our
Dewey has gone to the bridge to be with his brothers and sisters and to
wait for us to arrive.  Hopefully, they have a long wait, but I'm really
looking forward to having our whole family back together again.

Sandee, could you watch for my baby Dewey who is a tennis ball freak!
And also check on Skittles our little baby girl.  They both died so
quickly, and so young that our hearts hurt so bad still and will for a
long time.  Be sure that they have both found Xanth, Pixie & Calix
please.

In Christ,
Ann Haager
With love from Dewey's siblings: Lupi, Rainbow, Pearl, Snap, Oreo,
Gandalf, Samweis, Aithnea, and Vash (his long lost twin).