Date:
Sun, 11 Sep 2011 22:41:45 -0700
Regarding the PETA undercover expose of Triple F: Appalling to say the
least to see the housing conditions. Confined to open sided cages of
what appears to be barely 2 foot square floor space & possibly only 6
cubic feet total space with open wire flooring! I don't see anything
"family oriented" in those conditions. I see ferret mill and greed with
no concern for the welfare of the animals making them money! Pine chips
as breeding litter? No Tunnels? Not even a simple hiding box? Piles of
feces in the corners? Wounded animals not cared for, dead animals with
petrified tissues, lost kits falling to concrete? Newborn kits dangling
by placental membranes from the open wire flooring?

This video certainly explains the lack of reply I never got when I
contacted Triple F regarding two kits "rescued" from a fish tank in a
nasty pet shop last summer!Those ferrets were extremely frustrated at
the confinement, had paws encrusted with feces and matted dirty fur. I
contacted them to let them know that this pet shop was not presenting
their ferrets in a good light and they may want to discontinue
supplying that shop with ferrets. Triple F never responded. And
thankfully that nasty shop got shut down!

The two female Triple F ferrets came with typical "registration"
paperwork, which directed me to a website. The registration cards have
numbers on them, but nothing else, and registering the ferrets never
even gave me so much as their actual birth dates! The pet shop said
they'd had the ferrets for a month. So their projected age at the time
they came to me was 3 to 4 months old.

The natural diet they enjoy here and the chance to mostly free roam
quickly got them over their frustrated biting habits. Both turned in
to very sweet, rambunctious ferrets. Unfortunately one was a victim of
self imposed blockage (she ate a foam ear plug and even surgery didn't
save her). Her sister is still with us and is a joy. She is well liked
by all my other crew - even Fizzle!

She got an extra hug tonight after I viewed that video and read the
reports of her introduction to life. As an unofficial rescue I've taken
in some ferrets from some very poor conditions from private owners. I'd
like to think that a commercial breeder would be above housing their
money makers in similar deplorable conditions that uninformed, ignorant
private owners subject their charges to.

Hopefully the AFA representatives will be able to enlighten them to the
benefits of housing the ferrets in better conditions!

Regards,
Kim

please visit : for ferret help and info:
http://holisticferret.proboards80.com/index.cgi
http://ferretopia.proboards51.com/index.cgi
yahoo groups Natural Ferrets