From:
Valerie Swyryn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 1996 15:32:50 EST
Hi All,

This is in response to Barbara Austin's dilemma about ferrets & electrical
cords: First of all, you're little guy is VERY lucky!  I know of a friend of
a friend who's ferret, Felicia, had most of her tongue removed due to the
same thing.  Awhile later, she developed cancer in her lower jaw.  Her jaw
had to be removed!  Believe it or not, she's adapted to all of this!  It
just goes to show how tough these little guys really are.The vet wonders if
the cancer had anything to do with the accident.  Cancer is so unknown.
Just to be safe, I'd keep a close eye on him.  Is it possible to tack the
multiple cords behind the bed up off the floor, either to the wall or back
of the headboard?  If not, or for the others in the room that you can't, try
coating the wires with one of these products: either Bitter Apple, or Bitter
Lime.  It has to be applied periodically.  It worked for mine.  I hope this
helps!

Valerie Swyryn
Blaze
Wrecks