From:
Laura Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2006 23:54:04 -0700
>He would like to get a better estimate of just how many ferrets are in
>California.  I really think it would be great if he could see just how
>many of us are our there.  His email address is [log in to unmask]

Wouldn't it be a bit foolish for Californians to email someone with this
information?  Email headers show the IP address of the sender and could
disclose the proximity in where the ferret owner lives.  Just seems a tad
risky...

- Laura

[Moderator's note: You're right, but I think the risk is very minor.  A
court order would generally be needed to get the details of the sender
from the ISP.  The proximity of an IP address is seldom exact enough
to indicate very much, but the next post has a postal address for those
who are extra careful.  BIG]