From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 16:29:03 -0700
Hi -

I'm new to the list as of today.

Since deafness seems to be one of the topics of the day, could anyone, who
has a deaf ferret, tell me how they figured out their ferret(s) was deaf?

I recently acquired a pair of sable kits and after reading your emails, I
tried to test them by squeezing a loud squeaking toy when they weren't
looking.  Unfortunately, they are so busy exploring and playing that I
can't tell whether they are too focused on what they're doing to pay me
any attention or if they really can't hear.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good way to test their hearing?

Thanks!

~W~

P.S.  I am receiving this list in digest form and would prefer to receive
each email individually.  I have tried to locate the directions to do this
but have had no luck.  Can any one help?  Thanks!  8~)

[Moderator's note: It's only available as a digest since it is edited,
sorted, formatted and cleaned before going out.

As far as ease of responding to individual posts, many people really like
receiving the digest with MIME-encoded headers -- if you have a compatible
mail client, each post in the digest will be displayed individually.  If
anyone would like to try switching to that, please let me know.  (Note
AOL does NOT interpret mime headers specially, unfortunately for the 802
AOL subscribers!  BIG]