From:
Roger Vaughn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 16:07:45 -0500
>>and interest.  If you don't have the cash, you don't need to be
>>whipping out that plastic....
>
>I am that shelter.  I have a MC for the shelter.  Just because I have a
>credit card, doesn't mean I don't use it responsibly - I do have a board,
>as well as other directors to answer to.  I find it somewhat insulting
>that because I have a credit card in the shelter's name I am painted
>running around willy-nilly charging things.  The credit card balance is
>paid off each month (or as close as possible) that a charge is incurred.

Oh, did I insult you?  Where did I ever mention "Lisa" or "FH By The
Sea"?  I never mentioned nor implicated you.  I never said you use your
card irresponsibly.  In fact I never mentioned *any* shelter.  I said *in
general* we American abuse credit cards.  Over and over again I said "if
you *can't* pay it off."

Kris made this statement implying that it would be a possible solution
for Kim Fox.  And I suggest, since Kim doesn't have the cash on hand, and
no reliable means of paying the bill, then using a credit card would be
disaster for her, and would put her in far more dire straits than she
already is.  It was a shortsighted and naive suggestion.

Please re-read my original statement above.  If you have the cash, if you
have a reliable means to pay your credit card bill, more power to you.
That makes it a very convenient payment method.  But for someone like
Kim, who is already short on cash, this option is far worse than the
alternatives.

roger & the fuzzies
missing bear