From:
"Ferret Aid Society..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Aug 1998 12:57:02 -0400
Hi everyone.  I guess Carol kicked my butt into giving an update which is
long over do.  Things have been really busy here and I'm sad to say that we
are investigating more bad breeders.  On Saturday I went with 2 volunteers
to a breeder just outside of London.  It was BAD.  He was seen smacking and
flicking the ferret's noses REALLY hard.  In toll there are about 70-80
ferrets locked in small dirty (filthy) cages with no water and spoiled food.
This is an on going investigation and I'll keep you informed.  I bought 4
of them to get them out.

Harley is doing fabulous!  His sneezing has become scarce and he continues
to improve daily.  His next visit with the vet will be on Wednesday where
hopefully he'll be taken off meds.  His eye has not swelled lately and he's
gained some weight.  He's looking lovely right now :o)

The 2 boys found in the park are hanging in.  Ra, the smaller of the 2 has
become the larger of the 2.  He plays with all the other ferrets and loves
to hug and kiss anyone who will give him the chance.  Rusty on the other
hand, we almost lost.  He grew really weak and stopped eating for a while.
My mom who is "grandma" to all the ferrets took the time each day feeding
duck soup to him and he is **starting** to get better.  He likes to cuddle,
but when it comes to kisses, he'll only tolerate 1 or 2 before a bite comes
to let you know he's too macho for kisses :o)

The 4 kids I took from the breeder are lovely.  I picked the ones he hit the
most, but was forced to leave 2 behind (lack of funds).  The Jan 1st rescue
was cruelty, but nothing like this man.  At least Bob didn't hit his
ferrets.  The 4 we got are resting comfortably.  3 of them being under 8
weeks old.  The oldest he gave us he said was 1 and just had a litter.  She
is not big and still has baby fur so I think she's more like 8 mos old.
They did the war dance for me last night in their new home, finally safe and
finally pain free :o)

The Ferret Aid Society
http://home.echo-on.net/~magick