From:
Mo Duinne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 09:13:58 -0500
I have an awesome vet.  His name is Dr Don and he's a mobile vet.  Yup, he
makes house calls for the same price as a office visit.  And when he comes
to see one ferret he will also take a gander at them all.

When we planned to give their shots, I told him that Hugh had a nasty
reaction to the rabies shot.  So he asked me if Hugh is ever allowed
outside in the grass and such.  And he isn't.  So, Dr Don said there was
no since in risking the poor fuzzy's life just for the shot.  For the
distemper he said, since we have a dog in residence too that he would
consider that shot with a lot of watching, but not the rabies one.  And if
Hugh is ever amongst people I should remember that he does not have one,
just in case.

So, I agree with who ever mentioned that they were appalled at what a vet
did by ignoring your request.

As for names:  We started off with Kodo and Podo.  I named them because
of the movie.  Kodo is off to the bridge now but Podo is still
considering herself Alpha in the cage.

Hugh: came next.  He came with his name, from the Arcadia Rescue and a
nice lady in Temple Terrace Fl when we were living in Homosassa.  Huge has
become, Hughball, Hughbey, fuzz-butt and is Daddy's favorite.  I have to
say that its cute as hell to watch my husband hold Hugh and they play
spades in the morning on the computer or Hugh grooms my husband's beard.

Rochester, Largo and Arizona: were adopted from a guy my husband works
with.  And they became.... Rocky, Lars-a-gogo, and Zoe.

Willomina: came from a petland after I lost Kodo. She's Willo now and
too cute

Then there are my sisters two ferrets in the cage:

Keegan Little Bear: whose huge... weighing in at over 5 pounds. And
looks like a small cat or that he just ate one.

Kiara: is a champagne ferret who my sister after walking in to petland
could not resist and brought her home.  So far she has no nickname, but
she does dook her own shadow... and is the smallest so far of the entire
bunch.... so I am sure she will grow into something cute and irritating
at times.

Mo
--
Mo Duinne's Oiche Leabber