From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 02:45:05 -0400
Well, it sounded strange when I first read it, but have been thru it 6
times myself now, so I think there's "something to it"..  When I see
someone having a very rough time in spite of maby living long after a vet
or 3 would have predicted, I say something like this:

"If it's between you and God that it's too difficult to stay here, I give
you permission to leave.  I love you so much I want you to be happy, even
if it's not with me.  If you decide to stay here, I'll do everything I can
to support you."

I've had them leave, usually in their sleep, from 3 hours to 3 weeks after
saying that.  Mr. Spaz left as I was holding & stroking him... I just
noticed that he'd stopped blinking his eyes, it was that gentle.  He never
got over the flu that went thru here last Aug., and had a stuffy nose for 6
months... I understand he just got tired of being tired.

My prayers are with you during that very personal time.  I have not yet had
to assist anyone in leaving, and am thankful for that.  Timmy's recipe seems
to do a good job of helping them to be comfortable and have better quality
of life, for which I'm thankful.

 Gary & the gang of fur
Timmy's web site=<http://www.concentric.net/~Gferret/>; He's the ferret
totally healed from "terminal lymphoma" without drugs.:)
AOL instant messenger name= garyferret :)/ ICQ#4461104