From:
Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 11:17:08 +0100
Last week I received a copy of a new ferret book "Ferrets: Health,
Husbandry and Diseases" that has just been published in the UK.  I read
through most of the book on that day.  The book is actually aimed at
veterinary surgeons, veterinary nurses and students.  However I found the
book enthralling and easy to read - it covers diseases from abscesses to
zinc poisoning.  The book will be an asset to any UK ferret keeper.

The author is Maggie Lloyd, MA, VetMB, CertLAS, MRCVS.
ISBN 0-632-05178-7 and is published by Blackwell Science,
Osney Mead, OX2 0EL.  Tel: 01865 206086

Anyone wishing to find out more about the book can check out the following
web page:

http://www.blackwell-science.com/~cgilib/bookpage.bin?File=5099

The book costs GBP 24.99 + 2.50 p & p in the UK.  Members of the NFWS have
been offered a special price.

I have loaned my copy to the book to my vet, Julie, she will be trying to
persuade the head vet in the practice to order a copy of the book because
as far as she is concerned it is excellent.

Sheila
Bolton Ferret Welfare.
Membership Secretary & Editor of The National Ferret Welfare Society.
Web Site: www.btinternet.com/~sheila/ferrets.htm  last update 19 April 1999
Waiting at Rainbow Bridge: Jill, Deanna Troy, Cameron, Carnath, Button,
Bill & Bobby.