From:
Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 20:24:47 -0500
Suka Malone wrote:
>Euthanized animals are also picked up by rendering companies and added
>to this slosh.  It's not illegal and is VERY common.

I don't believe this statement.  When I lived in WI, if a large farm
animal was euthanized it could not even be used for food for ranch fox or
mink.  So I think it is VERY unlikely that it would be used for food for
pets.  Do you have any actual proof of this?

Regarding chicken: One of my sons did some work for a company that "pulls"
chickens for Campbell Soup.  If you knew what the condition many of those
chickens were in when they were shipped out to be processed you would
probably never eat chicken soup again.  He won't.  Plus he won't eat any
kind of chicken unless he has raised it himself after seeing what he saw.
Since I don't want to upset anyone I am not going to tell you how bad it
was/is.  I didn't see any of it & I have a very hard time with chicken
soup.  I think predator animals can handle this much better than we can,
as it is natural to them.

Lynn & Clan War Weasels