Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 23:53:17 -0400
Greetings & Hallucinations!

Yep, finally got my computer back.  For those who have lost fur angels, I
truly am sorry, I can honestly say I know that horrible feeling.

Well, now to why I am posting.  By now everyone knows that my partner,
Laurie Long has had her life turned upside down, and inside out, and can
no longer have animals.  Remember it is Laurie Long, NOT Lori Sies.

To say the shelter is over crowded is putting it lightly.  Every crock,
water bottle, blanket and hammock is in use.  Cages are stripped and
laundry for each cage done during the brief play times.  And they all think
it is Thanksgiving or something.  Always pigging out.  Oh, and never mind
the ones that think it is springtime, hobs in rut, what a smell.  I am down
to 75 ferrets, hey that is a start.

I am not writing to ask for money, what I am asking for is help for every
ferret in every shelter.

If each and everyone on the FML helps place a ferret, the homeless
population would go down dramatically.  I do mean EVERY ferret, the old,
the handicapped, the ones that have a short time left.

Maybe you know someone who is thinking of getting a ferret, educate them,
then get them in touch with a shelter.  Help them find the perfect ferret
for them.  Help the shelters by finding a permanent home for the ferret.
Fosters are good to have, but it is far better to have a good home for
life.

Shelters have far to many handicapped, and old timers, help people learn
how wonderful even these little ones are.

And then there are the socially challenged charges.  You know, the ones
who have been abused.  I have several.  They have stopped biting, but
every so often, you get a good hard nip.

A shelter in New Hampshire has a great ferret for your friend in Texas?
After they are screened, help organize ground transport for the ferret to
get to its new home.

I have seen the people on this list put all their differences aside in
order to work miracles for a single ferret, well I am asking that of all
of you and work a few thousand miracles for all the fur angels in the
shelters.

Ok, so I lied I am asking for some help for me specifically, if you are in
the area, stop and play with these guys.  If you live around here, help
with the litter boxes, and playtimes would be a God send.  I have just
spent the past three hours doing boxes and cleaning cages in only one room.

I am asking for some of your time.  The hardest thing in the world to part
with these days.

Oh, and finally, thank you Bev for posting for me, and for getting your
friends together to get the kids here a large bag of TF, IAMS and Eukanuba.
You can't imagine how fast it went.  200 lbs of mix used to last 6 to 8
weeks.  Now if it makes 3 I am lucky.

Thank you to the Ferret Store for the donation of food.

Hug all the fur angels, and remember to help a shelter place a ferret.

Jean
Ferrets Unlimited