Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2011 09:55:06 -0700
I too looked at the pic and didnt feel qualified to determine which it
is even tho we do have 17 ferrets and one mink-

Thanks Phyllis for the nice mention of Critter Camp taking in the mink
that was to be euthanized.

Many people ask us what the difference is between ferrets and domestic
bred mink ( for fur or pets of which there are virtually none)

The farm mink are slightly bigger than ferrets- larger bodied, their
faced are much wider, they do not ahve the oil on their skin that
ferrets do that is mucky smelling- ours has no door at all, he is also
not descented and has never sprayed, we did have him neutered and given
hsi shots tho, he eats Totally ferret food, and is 100% litter box
trained- automatically- i dont knwo if they are in general or if we
are jsut lucky :)

He runs around like a ferret on crack- leaping from toy to perch to
tunnel. He is not handleable- he immediately latched on to anything in
reach with his vise-like jaws and does not let go- this helps us get
him back in his cage after playtime- he snags a cat toy on a rod and we
haul him into the cage & wait til he lets go. But he learns quick- he
figured that out and now wont even bite at the toy most of the time- we
set out a new box or tunnel and when he goes to explore it we scoot him
into his cage, or he loves the ferret condo & we can use that too :)

We can hold out a gloved hand and he only sniffs it now- so we are
hoping he comes around and lets us pet or even hold him eventually :)
His name is Alistair, he has with one deformed eye, and he is all
black except for a little white 'soul patch' on his chin.

We only let him out to play when all of the ferrets are secured in
their cages- right now in our free range ferret room we have 17 elderly
and or medically involved sanctuary ferrets, half of which are free
range in the room for 10-11 hours during the day and the other half
for 10-11 hoursduring the night, and then for about 2 hours in between
Alistair gets the room.

Here are a couple of videos of him:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIVocibR-uM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSVuVQkseFE