From:
Jamie Dahlum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 1997 07:59:38 -0500
I just have a quick question for everyone.  I have had two ferrets for about
4months.  They are 7months old, one male and one female, they have both been
spayed and neutered.  My male is very large and my female is pretty small.
The male is also blind, but you would never know if the vet didn't tell you.
The male seems very aggressive when he is playing and sometimes (quite a bit
actually) makes Skippy (the female) yell very loud and run away, this never
really was a problem because as soon as she got mad then she would let him
have it.  Now, however we have bought a brand new albino male who is about
3months old and quite a bit smaller than the both of them.  Casper (the new
male) is very feisty and likes to play but anytime he starts playing with
Gus (the older male) Gus makes him yell and will not stop biting him, it
sounds so horrible.  There is never any blood or anything but Gus drags him
around sometimes and when Gus bites him Gus shakes his head around.  Usually
Casper will run off for a minute or two and then take off after him again
but not always.  I am having a hard time putting all of this into words for
you but I hope you understand.  Will this eventually go away or what do I
do, if anything.  Also the other day when the guys were eating Gus got
really mad as all of them were hovering around the food bowl.  He bit both
Casper and Skippy and both of them let out a screech.  Is he just showing
his dominance or is this something to really worry about.  If it is
something to worry about then what should I do.

If any one has any suggestions please email me at [log in to unmask]
Thanks for your time.