From:
DOOK-WOOF-DOOK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2006 08:04:27 -0400
I know we have it in all our contracts, we want any animal that goes out
of here, to come back to here, no questions asked, if the owner can no
longer care for them.  That is in my dog breeding contracts, my shelter
contracts and when I had the 2 litters of ferrets.  Now whether or not
the person signing the contract, does what they signed is another story.
But I have had a few people who have had lifestyle changes and returned a
couple of shelter ferrets.  And we do not judge them, we are just happy
they make the effort to get them back to us, where we can properly care
for them and rehome them again.  Even after we are finally closed (our
shelter) we will continue to honor our contracts and take back any ferret
who has been adopted from us.  WE WILL NOT TURN THEM AWAY!  That is what
a responsible person who runs a shelter does.

Most shelters in my area run the same way.  Only one I knew would not
take a ferret back because they were moving, and I ended up with the
ferret because I was the next closest.

Marguerite
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue-Closing Doors in 2006-2007
19 Wonderful Adoptable Still Left-Looking for Wonderful Homes
11+ Ferrets who still need ongoing medical support for the rest of their
lives

TinyPrints Ferret Rescue PetFinder Web Page
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.petfinder.org
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Ebay Stores
http://stores.ebay.com/Aloha-Ferrets-Store
http://shops.half.ebay.com/alohaferrets