From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Aug 1998 20:11:13 -0400
I'm not up to talking, and not thinking straight right now, but Spotty had
a stroke this evening.  He's in Animerge and we're hoping he doesn't get
worse or pass away.  He'd just been playing an hour and a half before.  I
fhe makes it thorough the night we pick hi up in the morning and transport
him to our animal hospital.

His blood work was temporarily lost but when found he tested out anemic and
as if he's been fighting a chronic infection.  Then they ran the other
numbers and his phosphorus (if I remember right) was very high which is
consistent with renal problems, but no other things were in the ranges seen
with kidney problems.  His calcium was very low.

I have wondered -- I guess because of many years ago when a food
manufacturer messed up badly and interchanged the concentrations of calcium
and some other mineral in a batch of food, killing most of Path Valley's
ferrets if such a thing is a possibility in the kidney failure-mouth sore
things being seen now in the NE.  VETS?

We won't sleep well tonight.

Sukie