Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 10:48:12 -0400
Hi All,
I have had three of my ferrets on Melatonin for three months with no
results.  One male had an adrenal gland removed but no hair growth so I
put him on 1mg of Melatonin mixed with nutrical at 2:00 pm every day.  I
have a female that had one adrenal gland removed and a partial gland that
is involved with the vena cava but she had no hair growth nor did her
vulva shrink so I put her on Melatonin and 200 mg Lupron.  On the third
depot of Lupron her vulva shrunk and her hair appears to be growing.  The
third ferret on Melatonin is a female named Mickey who has had her spleen
removed and tends to paw her mouth.  I have her on .2 mg predisone twice a
day and 1 mg Melatonin at 2:00 pm but she is still bald with a normal sized
vulva.  I have read numerous articles about Melatonin but nothing about
varing the dosages for effect or the efectiveness of the drug over a
certain time period.  If you know where I can get more info on treating
ferrets with Melatonin I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Steve and from all my babies waiting for us at the rainbow bridge including
the gang of 51 ferrets plus Steve & Cheryl the bill payers. We are a State
licenced no kill shelter so please visit us and our business of ferrets at
http://www.tamart.com/sr.html or if your looking to adopt goto
http://www.tamart.com/ad.html or our business at http://www.tamart.com/
and for email mailto:[log in to unmask] or via ICQ #2851077