From:
"Benita G. Booker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 11:08:16 EST
Thank you for the info Sukie.  There were a couple of incidents of things
going on at the same time.  I think it was the lady in WY she had bought
a kit home and the others got sick.  The vet mentioned it could be ECE.
Hopefully, as you have mentioned the info will be shared and we will
learn from what happened.

On another note.  I have met Cheryl and Steve from the SJ Rescue.  Along
with running a business and caring for the ferrets from everystage.  I
have seen their schedule.  Everyday, they make sure every able body ferret
gets out time.  There is a book that starts from 5 am until.  The rotation
is constant.  Along with all the other husbandry issues.  I visited them
when I was going to NJ to visit my cousin who is now deceased.  I can say
that was the first time ferrets had worn me out.  I am usually upbeat and
very playful the whole time.  But, those ferrets wore me out.  I was so
tired I could have fell asleep on the couch right then.  I never in my
wildest dreams thought that could happen.  If we are able, we need to try
to assist them if we can.  11 surgeries is alot.  And alot of shelters go
through this.  Also, if you are in the South Jersey area with spare time.
I do understand spare time is sacred.  These people always appreciate a
helping hand.  And this also goes with shelters that are in your areas.
Give a call and see if they need a couple of hours on the weekend.  Just
so they can have a little ease time for the moment.  I think they would
appreciate the assistance.  I drive Juiliana crazy here in Georgia on the
phone.  But, she knows if she needs something just call.  we'll enough
said.

Don't forget to snuggle (if you can hold long enough) (I have to beg for 2
seconds of time) each of your fuzzbutts.

Benita