Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 22:57:17 -0400
Just wanted to let everyone know that my foster ferret, Smokey, had a PU,
and is now recovering from it.  The extraordinary part is that he is a 9
year old Marshall Farms ferret, is otherwise in perfect health, and is
VERY lively. :->

I thank heavens for Yvonne DeCarlo (his shelter mom), who had told me in
advance the seriousness of a prostate infection, and the symptoms I could
expect.  Smokey woke me up at 7:30 on Sunday morning, whimpering a bit,
and acting like he was straining to urinate.  He urinated a small amount
(about a teaspoon), but acted rather uncomfortable.

I called my vet. promptly, and he had me bring Smokey in for an emergency
visit at 10 am.  By 10:30, Smokey was in surgery (I got to observe!  :->),
and by 10:45 or so, he was back out of surgery.

Smokey is doing just fine now.  He is NOT happy to be confined, but he
needs to be for the next few days, to avoid damaging his stitches.  He is
eating and drinking well, and has no problem urinating.  I'm so proud of
him .. he's a trooper.  :->

- Ela

   (000)___(000)        Ela Heyn
   ======@======    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5483