From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 11:43:36 -0500
Have to be quick about this!  Am hoping to have time late tomorrow for more
e-mail stuff, but really under pressure recently getting thing done.  Have
caught up on some, though -- even repaired two chairs here myself, closets
get redone tomorrow so have to be ready.

I LOVE the "favorite things" song and that people are responding with more
favorite things.  These are such great FUN!  I have only one addition that
I can't resist putting in: one of Meeteetse's is to climb up pants' legs
and tickle us behind our knees with her whiskers.  (Oh, she says that Dr.
Ferret should know it's a good reflex test.  Loved that post -- laughed and
laughed.)

Only 17 issues to Issue 3,000!  It's perfect that it's hitting in the
almost-Spring around here while people are mostly so up in spirit in the
general posts.

Thanks for all the funnies!  Wish I could do humor so beautifully as you
folks do!

Can't reach my refs (No, I don't have things stored away in my head for the
most part -- use references.) but isn't squamous cell carcinoma in humans
associated with too much sun or U.V.  light exposure?  Ferrets are
descended from burrow dwelling animals which were mostly active in the
crepuscular periods (dawn and dusk) so they'd be be even less able to
withstand much sun exposure than we are HYPOTHETICALLY and IF MEMORY SERVES
on the sun/UV exposure aspect.  Might that play a part?  I don't know squat
about your home set-up.  Some cancers are suspected to possibly have viral
triggers, that's always a possibility, too.

Again: if memory serves -- haven't bladder stones also been connected in
the diet portion of Fox's latest vet text with corn in the diet sometimes?
Might it help to be sure that corn isn't in the diet.  Seem to recall that
it changes the urine pH in bad direction and degree.

Sukie (who obviously is not a vet and obviously doesn't have these things
in her head but in her books and files -- but had gotten ferret kisses for
something like 18 years)