From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 09:53:07 -0700
Here's a funny story for you..

The other night I decided to sit on the and watch a movie.  I had just
toasted and buttered an English muffin and sat it on a paper towel on the
couch next to me.  I only had two kids out.  BonBon and Nibbles - two
older gals.  Well BonBon acts like she is 2 years old and loves to play.
but that's another story.

So BonBon came up on the couch.  sniffed the muffin and bounced away.
So, I figured "ok I don't have to worry"..

Boy was I wrong!

There I am, eating one piece of my toasted, buttered English muffin and
watching my movie.  I get done with that piece and go to reach for the
other half and it's GONE.  It was RIGHT next to me and I didn't see it
grow legs and run away!  BonBon is no where in sight!  She HAD to of
taken it.  I double check my memory to make sure that I didn't eat that
second piece and just forgot.  NOPE.

So under the couch I go.  she sticks her head out like "what?  There's
nothing here!" Then as I have my whole arm under the couch she thinks
that I am trying to get her to play ..  And bites my fingers (she loves
fingers!).  Nibbles wakes up and goes over to where I am guessing the
stolen muffin is.!  I'm thinking "great, now I have to figure out how to
get under the couch and remove it!" Not that I want to eat it!  But don't
want them eating it either.

Nibbles looks at me.  and I swear she smiled!  Then climbs into the
hammock under the couch.so she is now in my way!

Just as I reach the muffin BonBon comes out from nowhere and bites my
fingers and then halls butt with the muffin!  I can't adjust fast enough
to get her.  and she ran behind the hutch with it!  AHHH she thinks she's
won!

She put it almost dead center behind the hutch.  but because we have a 3
inch gap back there.  I can get the broom behind there to push the poor
English muffin to safety.  No sooner did I get it up and go to reach for
it.  again, BonBon comes out of NOWHERE and scoops it up!

I'm not kidding folks!  And you know, I'm pretty quick.  but this girl
can move!

So I say "fine, you keep it".  I go make another one and keep it close to
me while I eat!  When she went to bed.  well silly me let out the Goose
Troop.  and Goose is MUCH worse when it comes to food.  but he's also
slower than BonBon.  so as he brings it out to "show me" I get most of
it from him!

Silly kids. Muffins are for hoomans :-)

Joanne
Ferret Corner Shelter