Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 1994 11:18:06 -0600
To add to Andrea's message concerning Dr. Kawasaki and surgeries:

        To the best of my knowledge, Dr. K.'s days off alternate from week to
week depending on whether or not he'll be working the weekend.  Your best bet
when you're going to be scheduling surgeries is to ask if he's scheduled to
work the day after.  As Andrea mentioned, they may not necessarily
automatically tell you.  Please don't let Andrea's story put you off taking
your ferrets to Dr. K.  There's no excuse for rudeness on the part of the
staff, period.  But I know from working there that the other doctors are very
capable, and that they and the staff were probably just having an exceedingly
hectic/bad day.  Dr. K. is an excellent ferret surgeon.  I'd hate to see
anyone take their ferret to someone who might not do as good of a job for
fear of a similar experience.  My deepest condolences for your loss, Andrea.

Laura

Laura L'Heureux Kupkee
U. of Illinois Vet Med Class of `96