From:
Eric Lucas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 1996 11:18:41 -0500
Hi, all,

Since there's been quite a bit on the list lately about sugary foods and
cavities, I thought I'd add my own question.  I've recently seen in grocery
stores and pet stores, treats for cats and dogs (chicken- flavored,
liver-flavored, etc.), that are advertized to help reduce plaque buildup on
the teeth.  Presumably these are just tasty crunchy yummies that help clean
the teeth, and maybe they have some cavity- preventing or
tooth-strengthening ingredient (?) Would feeding one or two of these right
after a raisin or banana snack help clean the sticky treat off their teeth
and help prevent cavities?  I wouldn't think there would be any harm in
giving these cat treats to fuzzies on the same basis as raisins and
bananas--i.e., only one or two little pieces a day.

    Just curious,
           Eric
           Murphy ('Nanners, daddy!  We want 'nanners!)
           Boo-Boo (I smell raisins, daddy!)
           Sheba (What, it's time to get up already?)
           Cleo (Get out of my face, ferret!!  >Slash<!)