From:
Alexandra Sargent-Colburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2010 20:23:27 +0000
Dear Ferret Folks-

Can I please give a big public shout out to one of my favourite Ferret
Ladies, the ever quiet and gracious Ardith in Reno who had a REALLY
CRAPPY health scare yesterday, and could use our collective love and
hugs? (She is ok, just sorely tasked. Don't ask! Don't make her re-live
it!) If you do not know Ardith, then you have missed a very special
friend to ferrets and hedgehogs...and donkeys...tand tractors, all the
good stuff. She doesn't post a lot probably because she is sewing. She
makes the most beautiful quilts that you can possibly imagine. I have
two of them, including the "Ping is He" memorial quilt that went up for
raffle for a fundraiser a few years back. Some mind-bogglingly kind
person won it and then donated it to me. I sleep under it *every*
night. (Thank you, whoever you are!)

Ardith is quiet, but she has the most desperately irreverent wit that
she saves for special occasions, all of which I appreciate dearly. I
appreciate *Ardith* dearly. She will probably be annoyed that I held
her up to public notice like this, but Reno is *very* far away, and my
kung-fu is powerful. I can handle her wrath! (I think. Maybe...oops...)

I say that Ardith is "the other A" because amongst those with whom I
frequently thread off-list I sign myself simply "-A." She often posts
as "the other -A."

Love and prayers, please, for a very special (and very private, I
better sleep with my tinfoil hat on tonight) ferret lady.

Alexandra in MA